The Miami Springs Community Policing Office in a collaborative effort with the Druge Enforcement Administration (DEA) will work together to remove potentially dangerous controlled substances from our nation`s medicine cabinets. On September 25, 2010, the collection activities will take place from 10:00 am through 2 pm at Milam`s Market (in Miami Springs). The National Take-Back Day provides an opportunity for the public to surrender expired, unwanted, or unused pharmaceutical controlled substances and other medications for destruction. These drugs are a potential source of supply for illegal use and an unacceptable risk to public heath and saftey.
This one-day effort is intended to bring national focus to the issue of increasing pharmaceutical controlled substance abuse.
– The program is anonymous.
– If left in original containers, remove personal information from label.
– Keep all liquids in original container, tightly capped to prevent leakage.
– Intra-venous solutions, injectibles, and needles will not be accepted.
– Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not part of this initiative.