As you know, Miami-Dade County and the University of Miami were randomly sampling residents throughout Miami-Dade County and testing for antibodies. Some of those tests were happening right here at the Miami Springs Library. Well, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez just shared the results and it shows 6% of Miami-Dade’s population has already been infected with the Coronavirus. Nearly half of those who were found to have the anti-bodies never had symptoms of the Coronavirus.
- 6% of random sampled Miami-Dade residents have antibodies for the Coronavirus COVID-19
- That would equate to 165,000 Miami-Dade County Residents
- Based on this sample, the County believes any where from 4.4 – 7.9% of the County have antibodies of the COVID-19 Coronavirus
- That would be between 123,000 and 221,000 Miami-Dade residents have
- More than half had not had symptoms whatsoever