Forum

Notifications
Clear all

City Council

Anonymous
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Happy to see a Council with just one remaining element of the "old guard."  Now we need to vet the new candidates.  

Who's better?  Victor Vazquez or Vincent Medel?  Bravo or the other lady?

SanchoPanza
Trusted Member

We know who Vincent Medel is what his conservative values are, now we need for the other hopefuls to unmask themselves and admit to their National Political affiliation.

I understand that these seats are not required to do so; but what is the problem with being transparent, are people ashamed of their values or just trying to put something on the rest of us?  (it has been done before)

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Trusted Member

We know who Vincent Medel is what his conservative values are, now we need for the other hopefuls to unmask themselves and admit to their National Political affiliation.

I understand that these seats are not required to do so; but what is the problem with being transparent, are people ashamed of their values or just trying to put something on the rest of us?  (it has been done before)

ReplyQuote
Resident1

@sanchopanza I don't think the political affiliation should be the basis of why you would vote a candidate to council this is not a federal election.  What matters is so long they are running for the right reasons and that is the for dedication our city needs to improve is what matters.  Atleast there will be new heads and I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to a fresh council. 

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Trusted Member

A mistake often made in politics is the thought of "change for the sake of change"

National political affiliations in todays world tells you volumes about the persons values, their decision making process and who they think is going to pay for the changes they want to make.  As a 60 year resident of Miami Springs I take great offense to people who associate and endorse those who degrade the integrity and honesty of our police department and recommend "defunding" them as a means of helping the criminal element.   I don't care how much lipstick you put on this pig; a Marxists stands against everything this country represents and what the founding fathers intended for this country to be.

No one seriously believes that the New York City brand of politics is good for Miami Springs; and if you do,  you should move there if you can afford the rent and taxes.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm less worried about political affiliation.  I'm more worried about their commitment to our community.  Vincent Medel, whether you like him or not, he's been committed to our community for a very long time.

Vazquez has game, but he's a Johnny come, lately.  And while I appreciate his service to the country, and his pride for being a veteran, I'm not crazy that he was bragging about being a "disabled" vet.  

I would love to see them in a debate, but doubt that's happening due to COVID.

ReplyQuote
Resident1

@sanchopanza I agree with you. I was just trying to make the point of whichever candidate sits well with you and they have good substance is how you should vote. I support our Police 100% Miami Springs was well respected for the nature of our police presence. 

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Trusted Member

@anonymous

If you get a chance ask him about the particulars of his disability and if it was a "Service-Related-Injury'?

He was in the Air Force and it was an motor vehicle accident; the question remains was it during the performance of his duties or ? ? ? ?

ReplyQuote
Share: