Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Downtown Development

Anonymous
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

William said they'd start construction.  I still see nothing happening.  Probably a good thing.  Hopefully, they never build those stupid apartment buildings.

MiamiSpringsDixie

An atrocity what they did to that beautiful building. Now trying to increase our density, I don't ever want to not recognize Miami Springs as home. Shun them. Keep Miami Springs small, focus the building on 36th st.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Good news. This project got killed. No movement in like a year.  Saying this was delayed a year due to COVID-19 is bullshit.  Bruh, maybe a month or two, but not a year.  The City thinks we're a bunch of come mierdas.  Come on bro?   

Just look at the Hialeah Drive project. Ya tiene 6 floors built up on a much bigger project.  Aqui siguen comiendo mierda.  But that's good.  Hopefully, they sell that dump to someone that actually gives a shit about our community and doesn't want to cram in una pila de apartamentos.   

ReplyQuote
SpringsLib

It's gonna be a field soon.  Grass is already growing.  Maybe we can turn it into a park.  We need more green space in Miami Springs.

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Eminent Member

I am still looking for a suitable place for a Police Station complex.   Our City Hall was built and designed during the "Leave it to Beaver" era to include the Police Department.

Its time to stop paying rent for store front satellites and build an all inclusive Public Safety complex with adequate parking.

With the taxes that we are paying they can install gold plated bathroom fixtures.

ReplyQuote
JustMe

The Police should buy this lot and use it for a new Police Station and Civic Center.

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Eminent Member

Sadly it is not up to the Police Department, but up to the city.

The City City Council had been soooo very out of touch with this issue over the years that they have perfected the concept of ignoring completely, or perhaps the are planning on turning over the PD to Miami Dade County like they have done everything else.

I remember a 30 minute council tirade over to purchase a new lawn mower for the golf course or fix the old one; silly micro management at is very bet from folks who can't balance their own check book!

ReplyQuote
Jethro

@sanchopanza, You're looking?  WTF are you to be looking? You're just another idiot Trump sucker that wanted to overthrow the government. Come mierda !! 

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Eminent Member

Hello Jethro

Glad to see that you never disappoint with your GED eloquence an respect for opposing points of view.   Did your mother finally remember who your father was?

ReplyQuote
MadMax

Well that's a yuuuge cluster.  I wonder who got paid on this deal?  Who's retiring again?

ReplyQuote
Danilo

The whole newly formed Gateway District debacle was a rush job deliberately done under the radar of the resident's common knowledge. When the people did find out and protested en masse it was too late. The council voted to allow increased density and insufficient parking to appease the property owner and developers of the Circle Theater property. Keep in mind, the Gateway District allows significant other parts of downtown to be developed with the same higher density zoning. It was a fiasco from the beginning that conflicted with what most Miami Springs residents care about which is the quality of life that a low-density community affords. It was about the City siding with greedy property owners and developers. And the residents paying the price. There will be several new(er) people on the council and hopefully, they will be more inclined to actually listen to the will of the people instead of special interests. Hopefully.

ReplyQuote
Danilo

Ya..but at least we got rid of those eyesore historical buildings!!!..and by God...we improved the traffic flow on the circle.....I think we need more lights on the walkway down Ludlum.....so fucking stupid.....Miami springs has way to much money....how bout giving us folk that live here a fucking break on property taxes..they've tripled since I bout my house...

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Eminent Member

How are you doing Danilo?

The portion of your property taxes that goes to Miami Springs is miniscule compared  to the Miami Dade County taxes and your school tax (whether you have a kid in school or not)

Have you driven down 836 and counted the palm trees; those are $700,00 each and the county just can't plant enough of them BTW although that is a State Road, the county runs it through their Miami Dade County Expressway Authority and of course we trust the county to be frugal with our money.    Look at the School Taxes and ask yourself why the Miami Dade County School Board needs their own police department.   In the past the county and the cities where the schools were located in handled those problems 24 / 7.   Are those funds coming our of funds meant for education and how they get diverted?

In a representative republic the people get the government that they deserve.

ReplyQuote
Nestor Suarez
Member Admin

16 Months Later and the Downtown Development is finally getting cleaned up.

http://new.miamisprings.com/16-month-delay-in-denser-downtown-development/

ReplyQuote
BLM
 BLM

It's about time.  What took them so long?

ReplyQuote
Share: