Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Optimist Club

Anonymous
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sad to see they are selling the Optimist Club.

SanchoPanza
Eminent Member

Wonderful opportunity for the City to purchase the property for a new Police Department / Public Safety building

ReplyQuote
MiamiSpringsDixie

Such a weird lot, but honestly don’t know if I want that many cops running around the heart of Miami Springs. Also don’t know if the city should need so many properties. If they do, it should be to collect and preserve our Adobe/Curtiss heritage.

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Eminent Member

Then don't complain when they build a McMansion  or two on that lot.

ReplyQuote
MiamiSpringsDixie

Ill be honest, I think that single family home development is what that lot needs. A good group of families living on it. If not, the rare chance that someone buys the property and turns it into another type of club. I used to enjoy the archery classes they had there, but there really isn’t anything special going on. Our city though, needs to really protect our historic and Adobe architecture because it IS NOT appreciated the same by outsiders as it is by long time residents. 

ReplyQuote
JustMe

They should turn the Optimist Club into a City owned rental facility with an outdoor skate park or playground for kids.  

ReplyQuote
Resident1

Who owns the optimist club? I can't find the entity registered anywhere, weird. I thought the city owned it.

ReplyQuote
SanchoPanza
Eminent Member

olio: 05-3024-017-0010
Sub-Division:

SPRING VIEW 2ND ADDN
Property Address

1101 WREN AVE
Owner

BOYS WORK COMMITTEE INC
Mailing Address

BOX 71MIAMI SPRINGS, FL 33166-0000