- This event has passed.
City Council 2022 Project Priority Workshop
January 18 @ 6:00 pm
The City of Miami Springs City Council will be hosting a Project Priority Workshop on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
CITY COUNCIL WORKSHOP MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, January 18, 2022 – 6:00 p.m.
City Hall, Council Chambers,
201 Westward Drive
- Call to Order/Roll Call
- Invocation: Councilman Walter Fajet Salute to the Flag: Audience participation
- Workshop on City Council Goals and Strategic Planning
- City Manager’s memo in preparation for workshop
- A) Gateway Overlay District Ordinance (Mayor Mitchell/Councilwoman Bravo). a. Temporary Moratorium on Ordinance 1102-2018 Gateway Overlay District (Councilwoman Bravo)
- B) Downtown Business Area Parking (Mayor Mitchell/Councilman Vazquez) a. Redesign median to include: Angle parking and more trees; Reducing both sides of Westward Drive to one lane in each direction and extending sidewalks; (Councilman Vazquez) b. Studying the option of construction of a Parking Garage in this area (Councilman Vazquez)
- C) Business Areas: Code Enforcement Consistency, Aesthetics & Facilitating Curbside and Outdoor Dining, and Pedestrian Access (Mayor Mitchell/Councilman Best)
- D) Communications and social media outreach to community (Mayor Mitchell/Councilman Vazquez)
- E) Addressing Gaps to Achieve Consistency in “Beautiful Miami Springs” (e.g., city entry points, aesthetics throughout city and canals, tree canopy) (Mayor Mitchell) a. Enhancing Business Area of Westward Drive between the Circle and Esplanade by Creating tree canopy on both sidewalks (north and south) (Councilman Vazquez)
- F) Working with Mayor Levine-Cava Office regarding compensation related to hotel bed tax legislation and distribution to the City of MS (Councilman Vazquez)
- G) Creation of exercise zones in the Curtiss Parkway median and Ludlam Road area where residents can do chin ups, pushups etc. (Councilman Vazquez)
- H) War Memorial Initiative and the City’s State Appropriation request (Councilman Best)
- I) Increasing compensation for Mayor and Council in order to attract new talent to run for Council seats. (Councilman Best)
- J) Bundling City Debt burden to mitigate coming prime rate increase (Councilman Best)
- K) Police Speeding Enforcement (Councilman Best)
- L) Review Pay Plan for City Employees (Councilman Best)
- M) Review and discuss Ordinance 1111-2019 City’s Land development (Councilwoman Bravo)
- N) Review and discuss Ordinance 1106-2018 Land usage (Councilwoman Bravo)
- O) Review and discuss changing the current process of appointments to Boards (Councilwoman Bravo)
- P) Renew efforts to have FEC establish a “quiet zone” at N. Royal Poinciana Blvd. train crossing and address increased noise emitting from rail yard (Mayor Mitchell)
NOTE: Events are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for errors or omissions posted on this site. While we strive for accuracy, mistakes can occur. Also, events can be cancelled for a variety of reasons including COVID, inclement weather, etc. For the most up to date information, please contact the event organizer.
POST EVENT: Add your Event to MiamiSprings.com for FREE. Allowed events include Garage Sales, Fundraisers, Local Sporting Events, Open Houses, Religious Events, Entertainment, and more. Click to get started.