- This event has passed.
City Council Meeting
November 8 @ 7:00 pm
1. Call to Order/Roll Call
2. Invocation: Vice Mayor Jacky Bravo Pledge of Allegiance: Audience will lead the Pledge of Allegiance and Salute to the Flag
3. Agenda / Order of Business
4. Awards & Presentations: A) Officer of the Month Award for the month of October 2021 – Officer Rafael Dominguez B) Yard of the Month Award – November 2021 – Migdalia Alfonso – 286 Minola Drive C) Recognizing the November 2021 City Hall Lobby Artist of the Month – Gladys Perez Villanueva D) Introduction of the new City Public Information Officer Shannen Jaser
5. Open Forum: Persons wishing to speak on items of general City business, may do so in person (subject to capacity restrictions) or virtually by following the instructions on pages 3-4. This portion of the meeting also includes any pre-screened video submittals. The purpose of Open Forum is to encourage residents and members of the public to address their concerns and make comments on any item. The City Council will not enter into a dialogue at this time. City staff will gladly address any question, issue, and/or comment after the meeting. The Mayor is the presiding officer of all Council meetings and shall conduct the meetings accordingly.
6. Approval of Council Minutes: A) October 25, 2021 – Regular Meeting
7. Reports from Boards & Commissions: None. REVISED
8. Public Hearings: None.
9. Consent Agenda: (Funded and/or Budgeted): A) Recommendation by the Police Department that Council approve an expenditure to General Sales Administration (T/A Major Police Supply), utilizing GSA Contract Number: GS-07F0115Y in the amount of $10,600.51, for a BOSS 4 Level 1 License for one year at $1,537.03/per year, one year of PIPS cloud hosting services at $4,529.47/per year, and BOSS Mantis Level 2 software for year, make, and model at $4,534.01/per year, as these funds were approved in the FY21/22 Budget pursuant to Section §31.11 (E)(5) of the City Code
10. Old Business: None.
11. New Business:
A) Resolution – A Resolution Of The Mayor And City Council Of The City Of Miami Springs, Florida, Approving A Memorandum Of Understanding With The Florida State Lodge Fraternal Order Of Police, Inc. Relating To The Police Pension Fund; Providing For Authorization; And Providing For An Effective Date
B) Ordinance – First Reading – An Ordinance Of The City Of Miami Springs, Florida, Amending Section 35-53, “Benefit Amounts And Eligibility,” Of The Police And Fireman Pension Plan Of The City’s Code Of Ordinances Pertaining To Retirement Benefits; Providing For Conflicts; Providing For Severability; Providing For Codification; And Providing For An Effective Date
C) Resolution – A Resolution Of The Mayor And City Council Of The City Of Miami Springs, Florida, Authorizing The Issuance Of Capital Improvement And Equipment Acquisition Revenue Note, Series 2021, Of The City Of Miami Springs, Florida, In The Principal Amount Of $645,000 For The Purpose Of Financing The Costs Of Construction Of Infrastructure Improvements To The Community Center And The Purchase Of Two Side Loader Single Axle Garbage/Sanitation Trucks And A Ford F150 For Parks And Recreation; Awarding The Sale Of The Note To City National Bank Of Florida; Providing For Security For The Note; Providing Other Provisions Relating To The Note; Making Certain Covenants And Agreements In Connection Therewith; Providing For Adoption Of Representations; Providing For Certain Other Matters In Connection Therewith; Providing A Severability Clause; And Providing An Effective Date
D) Resolution – A Resolution Of The Mayor And City Council Of The City Of Miami Springs, Florida, Approving The Purchase Of Two Sanitation Trucks From Nextran Corporation D/B/A Nextran Truck Center In An Amount Not To Exceed $557,500.00 Utilizing The Terms And Conditions Of The Florida Sheriffs Association’s Contract Pursuant To Section 31-11(E)(5) Of The City Code; Providing For Implementation; And Providing For An Effective Date
12. Other Business:
A) Request by Mayor Mitchell to provide update on recent meetings with FDOT regarding NW 36 Street Corridor project
B) Request by Vice Mayor Bravo to discuss a Parking Comprehension Plan for the City of Miami Springs
C) Request by Vice Mayor Bravo Parking Pricing Implementation Plan for the City of Miami Springs
13. Reports & Recommendations: A) City Attorney B) City Manager C) City Council
NOTE: Events are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for errors or omissions posted on this site. While we strive for accuracy, mistakes can occur. Also, events can be cancelled for a variety of reasons including COVID, inclement weather, etc. For the most up to date information, please contact the event organizer.
POST EVENT: Add your Event to MiamiSprings.com for FREE. Allowed events include Garage Sales, Fundraisers, Local Sporting Events, Open Houses, Religious Events, Entertainment, and more. Click to get started.