According to an online post by Miami-Dade County District 6 Commissioner, Rebeca Sosa, Miami Springs residents may qualify for FREE MONEY for exterior painting and / or landscaping of your home.
Here`s how it works:
1 – You have to have a single-family detached home in district 6: (That includes all of Miami Springs, but excludes VG).
2 – You will be given a 5 year forgivable loan. Basically, you don`t have to pay it back if you stay in your home for the next 5 years.
3 – A 5 year lien will be placed on your property. If you sell your home before 5 years, you repay the county. If not, the loan is forgiven after 5 years. (FREE MONEY!)
4 – Requirements to qualify:
– Be the owner / occupant of the home
– Single family detached home (no duplexes, condos, apartments)
– Home must not have any liens, reverse mortgages, or foreclosures
– Property owner must not have any judgements or bankruptcies
– Property cannot have any violations nor efficiency
– Must not own a second property
– Property taxes cannot be delinquent
– Meet the maximum income requirements listed below:
If your household size is 1, you must make $38,100 or less.
If your household size is 2, you must make $43,550 or less.
If your household size is 3, you must make $49,000 or less.
If your household size is 4, you must make $54,400 or less.
If your household size is 5, you must make $58,800 or less.
If your household size is 6, you must make $67,500 or less.
If your household size is 7, you must make $67,500 or less.
If your household size is 8, you must make $71,850 or less.
– Lastly, your property cannot have an assessed value greater than $175,000.
As you can tell by this criteria, it`s intended for lower income families and seniors with a modest home.
If you`re interested in this program, please call 305.267.6377.
Tell us what you think of this program?