Upgrades to the Water and Sewer Infrastructure in the City
This project has been in the planning stages by Miami-Dade County Water and Sewer since July 2015; and it is now being executed.
PROJECT INFORMATION / SCHEDULE Installation of the new water line is expected to begin in March 2019 and is expected to be completed in February 2020. The construction work will occur weekdays days from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with the exception of the construction around the traffic circle, which will be done at night. The contractor will take additional steps to minimize impacts, but you may experience some noise and intermittent traffic disruptions due to lane closures or detours. In advance, we thank you for your support as the department works on this necessary infrastructure upgrade.
Project at a Glance
- Installation of a new 12-inch water line along: SW Canal Street, North and South Royal Poinciana, Westward Dr, Curtiss Parkway, Marker Street, Nahkoda Dr, and S Hook Square (please refer to map)
- Project scheduled to begin March 2019 and is expected to be completed during February 2020.
- There may be temporary lane closures or detours.
- Access to your property will always be maintained.
- Steps will be taken to minimize impacts to the surrounding community and any areas impacted will be restored at the conclusion of the project.
- The project will not affect the water or wastewater services in your area.