Election Day is Tuesday, November 8th. Polls will be open from 7am to 7pm. Anyone in line before 7pm will be allowed to vote.
Where to Vote in Miami Springs:
There are four voting locations in Miami Springs. Depending on where you are Registered to Vote, determines where you can go to vote on election day. Here are the four voting locations in Miami Springs:
- Miami Springs Middle School (Precinct 343)
- Miami Springs Country Club (Precinct 298)
- Miami Springs Rec Center (Precinct 344)
- Springview Elementary (Precinct 346)
You can also vote early at the following locations:
- *Arcola Lakes Branch Library 8240 NW 7TH Avenue, Miami, FL 33150
- Miami Dade College Kendall Campus (The Fascell Conference Center) 11011 SW 104TH Street – Building K, Miami, FL 33176 (Entrance on SW 104TH Street and SW 113TH Place)
- **Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center 405 University Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Miami Dade College North Campus (Library) 11380 NW 27TH Avenue – Building 2, Miami, FL 33167
- Coral Reef Branch Library 9211 SW 152ND Street, Miami, FL 33157
- Miami Lakes Community Center (Mary Collins Community Center) 15151 NW 82ND Avenue, Miami Lakes, FL 33016
- Elections Department (Main Office) 2700 NW 87TH Avenue, Doral, FL 33172
- *Naranja Branch Library 14850 SW 280TH Street, Homestead, FL 33032
- Florida International University (Student Academic Success Center) 11200 SW 8TH Street, Miami, FL 33199 (Entrance on SW 107TH Avenue and SW 16TH Street)
- North Dade Regional Library 2455 NW 183RD Street, Miami Gardens, FL 33056
- Historic Garage 3250 S Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33129 (Same property as the former Museum of Science – as you enter on the right-hand side)
- North Miami Public Library 835 NE 132ND Street, North Miami, FL 33161
- Homestead Community Center (William F. Dickinson Community Center) 1601 N Krome Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030
- North Shore Branch Library 7501 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33141
- *International Mall Branch Library 10315 NW 12TH Street, Doral, FL 33172
- Northeast Dade-Aventura Branch Library 2930 Aventura Boulevard, Aventura, FL 33180
- John F. Kennedy Library 190 W 49TH Street, Hialeah, FL 33012
- *Shenandoah Branch Library 2111 SW 19TH Street, Miami, FL 33145
- Joseph Caleb Center Community Meeting Room 5400 NW 22ND Avenue – Building A, Miami, FL 33142
- South Dade Regional Library 10750 SW 211TH Street, Cutler Bay, FL 33189
- *Kendale Lakes Branch Library 15205 SW 88TH Street, Miami, FL 33196
- Stephen P. Clark Government Center (Elections Branch Office) 111 NW 1ST Street (Lobby), Miami, FL 33128
- Kendall Branch Library 9101 SW 97TH Avenue, Miami, FL 33176
- West Kendall Regional Library 10201 Hammocks Boulevard, Miami, FL 33196
- Lemon City Branch Library 430 NE 61ST Street, Miami, FL 33137
- West Miami Community Center 901 SW 62ND Avenue, West Miami, FL 33144
- Miami Beach City Hall 1700 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Westchester Regional Library 9445 SW 24TH Street, Miami, FL 33165
What’s on the Ballot?
It’s a huge waste of time if you get to the voting both not knowing what or who to vote for. The following is a sample election ballot to let you do your homework BEFORE you get to the voting booth. Now’s the time to do your research. Talk to your friends and family. This election includes important Senate races, the Florida Governor, but also local items and County Referendums:
We have two seats to vote for
UNITED STATES SENATOR
- Marco Rubio
- Val Demings
- Dennis Misigoy
- Steven B. Grant
- Tuan TQ Nguyen
REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS, DISTRICT 26
- Mario Diaz-Balart
- Christine Alexandria Olivo
FLORIDA STATE ELECTIONS:
GOVERNOR AND LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR
- Ron DeSantis, Jeanette Nuñez
- Charlie Crist, Karla Hernandez
- Hector Roos, Jerry “Tub” Rorabaugh
- Carmen Jackie Gimenez, Kyle “KC” Gibson
- Ashley Moody
- Aramis Ayala
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Jimmy Patronis
- Adam Hattersley
COMISSIONER OF AGRICULTURE
- Wilton Simpson
- Naomi Esther Blemur
JUSTICE OF THE SUPREME COURT
Shall Justice Charles T. Canady of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
Shall Justice John D. Couriel of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
Shall Justice Jamie Grosshans of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
Shall Justice Jorge Labarga of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
Shall Justice Ricky Polston of the Supreme Court be retained in office?
DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL
Shall Judge Alexander Spicola Bokor of the 3rd District Court of Appeal be retained in office?
Shall Judge Edwin A. Scales of the 3rd District Court of Appeal be retained in office?
COUNTY COMMISSIONER, DISTRICT 6
- Kevin Marino Cabrera
- Jorge Fors
Interviews with Jorge Fors:
ARTICLE VII, SECTION 4
ARTICLE XII, SECTION 42
Limitation on the Assessment of Real Property Used
for Residential Purposes
Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution, effective January 1, 2023, to authorize the Legislature, by general law, to prohibit the consideration of any change or improvement made to real property used for residential purposes to improve the property’s resistance to flood damage in determining the assessed value of such property for ad valorem taxation purposes.
ARTICLE II, SECTION 5
ARTICLE XI, SECTIONS 2 AND 5
Abolishing the Constitution Revision Commission
Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to abolish the Constitution Revision Commission, which meets at 20-year intervals and is scheduled to next convene in 2037, as a method of submitting proposed amendments or revisions to the State Constitution to electors of the state for approval. This amendment does not affect the ability to revise or amend the State Constitution through citizen initiative, constitutional convention, the Taxation and Budget Reform Commission, or legislative joint resolution.
ARTICLE VII, SECTION 6
Additional Homestead Property Tax Exemption for
Specified Critical Public Services Workforce
Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to authorize the Legislature, by general law, to grant an additional homestead tax exemption for non-school levies of up to $50,000 of the assessed value of homestead property owned by classroom teachers, law enforcement officers, correctional officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, child welfare services professionals, active duty members of the United States Armed Forces, and Florida National Guard members. This amendment shall take effect January 1, 2023.
COUNTY REFERENDUM 1
Charter Amendment Creating Local Oath of Office for
County Commissioners and the County Mayor
Shall the County Charter be amended to require that County Commissioners and the County Mayor, upon taking office, swear or affirm that they will support, protect and defend the Miami-Dade County Home Rule Charter and the government of Miami-Dade County?
COUNTY REFERENDUM 2
Charter Amendment Requiring Voter Approval
for Changes to Governing Structure of County
Shall the Charter be amended to provide that acts of the Board of County Commissioners to transfer ownership or governing authority of the Miami International Airport, PortMiami or Miami-Dade Expressway Authority must be approved by a majority vote of the qualified electors in Miami-Dade County at the next available General Election?
SCHOOL BOARD REFERENDUM
Referendum to Approve Ad Valorem Levy for Teachers,
Instructional Personnel, Student Safety and Security
Shall the School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida, levy one (1) mill of ad valorem taxes for school operational purposes to continue improving compensation for teachers and instructional personnel
and to improve student safety and security for public schools, including charter schools, with oversight by a Citizen Advisory Committee, beginning July 1, 2023, and ending June 30, 2027?