CIMA Medical Center in Miami Springs shares some of their health expertise with some health tips for getting and staying hydrated.
- When you wake up, consume one to two cups of water. Rather than a bleary-eyed reach for the coffee, drink one to two cups of water first. Because you don’t drink while you’re sleeping, you wake up already dehydrated.
- To regulate hunger, a glass of water before a meal may help. Drinking a cup of water before a meal can help you feel more full and help prevent overeating.
- Have a glass of water to help wash down a meal.
Drinking water with food aids digestion. Water is especially important to drink alongside high-fiber foods.
- Rather than reaching for coffee to cure a mid afternoon slump, drink water.
- Drink Water when you have a headache.
A headache can be a symptom of dehydration.
- Hydrate smartly before, during, and after exercise.
- Have a sip or two of water before bedtime.
Don’t drink a cup or two of water before bed — you’ll have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and that will disturb your sleep.
Take care of your health with a regular checkup, call CIMA Medical Center in Miami Springs at (𝟯𝟬𝟱) 𝟴𝟴𝟱-𝟬𝟱𝟭𝟱 to schedule an appointment or stop by 175 Westward Drive.
𝗖𝗜𝗠𝗔 𝗠𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗜𝗔𝗠𝗜 𝗦𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 💙🩺
📞 (305) 885-0515 / (305) 800-6963
📍 175 Westward Dr, Miami Springs, FL 33166