Milam’s Markets is once again helping the community by joining an effort to raise funds for the refurbishment of the War Memorial Monument on Curtiss Parkway. The Monument is a cenotaph (empty tomb) honoring the local military men and women who died during service.
The concept, designed by Southeast Design Associates in Miami Springs, includes the following adjustments to help bring greater honor and awareness to our fallen heroes:
- Refurbish the marble slabs
- Add circular vessel with flame resting on the monument that represents eternal life and perpetual gratitude
- Improve access with new steps, aligned with Curtiss Parkway parking from the West and Walking/Bike Path from the East.
- Addition of 6 pedestal columns designated for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and POW. Each column will have their respective seal and flag and names of local men and woman who sacrificed their lives engraved into the columns.
- A plaque for each branch mounted to surface for memorial offerings
- Addition of meditation bench
- Landscaping to define the space
Please join Milam’s Markets and give what you can. Customers wishing to donate can do so during checkout at Milam’s with a dollar amount or by rounding up their change to the nearest dollar (the change rounded up with be donated).