CIMA Medical Center in Miami Springs shares some of their best tips to stay informed about the use of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs.
NSAIDs are medicines that are widely used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and bring down a high temperature.
They’re often used to relieve symptoms of headaches, painful periods, sprains and strains, colds and flu, coronavirus (COVID-19), and conditions such as arthritis that can cause long-term pain.
Although NSAIDs are commonly used, they’re not suitable for everyone and can sometimes cause side effects.
It’s a good idea to ask a doctor for advice before taking NSAIDs if you:
- Are over 65 years of age
- Are pregnant or trying for a baby
- Are breastfeeding
- Have asthma
- Have had an allergic reaction to NSAIDs in the past.
- Have had stomach ulcers in the past
- Have any problems with your heart, liver, kidneys, blood pressure, circulation or bowels.
- Are taking other medicines.
Take care of you and your family’s health with a regular checkup, call CIMA Medical Center in Miami Springs at (𝟯𝟬𝟱) 𝟴𝟴𝟱-𝟬𝟱𝟭𝟱 to schedule an appointment or stop by 175 Westward Drive.
𝗖𝗜𝗠𝗔 𝗠𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗜𝗔𝗠𝗜 𝗦𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 💙🩺
📞 (305) 885-0515 / (305) 800-6963
📍 175 Westward Dr, Miami Springs, FL 33166