The City of Miami Springs Recreation Department is putting together a wonderful new Holiday Golf Cart Parade. The parade will take place on Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 7pm along the Curtiss Parkway Bike Path. Residents are invited to participate by decorating their Golf Cart in a Holiday theme. All participants must register ahead of time.
The staging area and start of the parade will be located on Curtiss Parkway, near the Cavalier Clock adjacent to the Circle. Participants are urged to be present and check-in by 6pm to prepare the lineup.
The route will begin near the Cavalier Clock on Curtiss Parkway. The Golf Carts will proceed south on the bike path and end at the Golf Course parking lot.
Spectators are invited to sit / stand along Curtiss Parkway to watch the parade along the bike path.
NO WATER GUNS / BALLOONS / TOSSING CANDY
The City will not allow ANYTHING to be “thrown, tossed, or launched to the spectators from any vehicles.”
See the full parade guidelines below:
City of Miami Springs 2021 Holiday Golf Cart Parade
1) All drivers must have a current driver’s license and a copy of a valid vehicle insurance verification at the time of the parade. Persons operating a vehicle or other moving equipment while in the parade route are prohibited from operating cellular devices, including texting. All drivers must have a clear and unobstructed view in all directions, unless they can be in constant communication with a guide who shall be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license. All drivers must have complete control of moving equipment at all times.
2) Children shall be accompanied by an adult at all times.
3) The driver of the vehicle shall be responsible for ensuring all vehicle occupants comply with all parade rules and guidelines.
4) Vehicles shall not perform tire burnouts, fishtail, drift, or spin or be operated in such a manner than creates a safety hazard to the spectators and parade participants. This shall be determined in the sole discretion of the City of Miami Springs.
5) No one shall be permitted to get into or off of any motorized vehicle until it is at a complete stop.
6) No items shall be thrown, tossed, or launched to the spectators from any vehicles. The spectators shall not be encouraged to come onto the road for any reason.
7) Vehicles shall be decorated in an appropriate, tasteful, festive manner to promote the spirit of the holiday and parade theme. Vehicles not decorated will not be permitted to participate in the parade.
8) Any decorations, signage, displays or messages shall be appropriate for families. Political campaigning, controversial themes or issues, use of political signs, social or political material is not permitted for this event. Obscene or otherwise offensive material, behavior, attire, or comments shall not be permitted.
9) Music shall be appropriate for families, without vulgar, obscene, or offensive language.
10) No alcohol or glassware shall be permitted in the parade. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed to be consumed at any time during the parade. Any participant believed to be under the influence of any intoxicating or impairing substance will not be permitted to participate in the parade and may be removed.
11) Animals must have updated vaccinations, be in good medical condition, and accompanied by an individual who shall promptly clean up after the animal and ensure animal is properly restrained.
12) Elected Officials currently in office, Special Guests and Dignitaries participating in the event shall be by invitation only.
13) The City of Miami Springs reserves the right to exclude/remove any participant whose conduct or entry violates the purposes and policies of the event.
RELEASE OF OF LIABILITY, HOLD HARMLESS & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT, & PHOTO RELEASE
This Release of Liability, Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement, and Photo Release (“Agreement”) is executed by the below-named person, individually or as the parent and/or legal guardian (the “Guardian”) of the below-named minor child, (in either case, the “Participant”), in favor of Miami Springs, Florida and its elected/appointed officials, directors, employees, officers, and agents (the “City”). The Participant is participating in recreational activities and programming sponsored/hosted by the City. The Participant, and if the Participant is a minor, the Guardian on behalf of Participant, acknowledges and agrees that:
1. Participant is willingly and voluntarily participating in the City’s recreational activities and programming with knowledge of the dangers involved. Participant acknowledges that participation in these activities may involve risk to Participant’s personal safety and carries with it the potential for injury, death, and property loss. Participant understands that the City makes no guarantees that the City’s recreational activities and programming are free of hazards, including by way of example and not limitation, those associated with terrain, facilities, equipment, weather, Participant’s personal health, or the actions of others, and makes no guarantee ensuring Participant’s personal safety. Participant hereby agrees to expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury, illness, or death which in any way arise out of such recreational activities and programming.
2. Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. The City has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the City cannot guarantee that Participant or any other person, will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending City-sponsored activities or visiting City facilities may increase Participant’s risk of contracting COVID-19. Participant acknowledges the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk that Participant may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending City activities or visiting City facilities and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death of Participant or others.
3. Participant hereby assumes all of the risks of participating in all activities sponsored by the City or visiting City facilities, including but not limited to risks that are both known and unknown, human and environmental, even if such risks arise from Participant’s own negligence or the negligence of the City or the negligence of others.
4. Participant understands that participating in the City’s recreational activities and programming is voluntary and that the Participant is not required to participate. Participant agrees to abide by the City’s safety policies and procedures, criteria and requirements in addition to all safety instructions and directions provided by City personnel during recreational activities and programming.
5. Participant, for himself/herself and on behalf of his/her beneficiaries, heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin hereby releases and holds harmless and covenants to defend and indemnify the City with respect to any and all injury, illness, disability, death, loss or damage to Participant or Participant’s property arising out of or in any way connected to Participant’s participation in City activities or programming or visiting City facilities , whether resulting from Participant’s negligent act or omission or the act or omission of any other person or any act or omission of the City, including, but not limited to the negligent acts or omissions of the City .
6. Participant declares himself/herself to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, or other illness that would prevent participation in City’s recreational activities and programming. Participant hereby acknowledges that it is recommended that a physician’s approval be obtained in advance of participation in an exercise/fitness activity or in the use of exercise equipment and machinery. Participant also acknowledges that it is recommended that Participant have a yearly or more frequent physical examination and consultation with Participant’s physician as to physical activity, exercise, and use of exercise and training equipment so that Participant might have recommendations concerning these fitness activities and equipment use. Participant acknowledges that Participant has either had a physical examination or has been given a physician’s permission to participate, or that Participant has decided to participate without the approval of Participant’s physician, and does hereby assume all responsibility for Participant’s participation in City programming and activities.
7. In case of emergency, the City is authorized to seek medical treatment and transportation for Participant from such physicians, hospitals and ambulance services as may be chosen by City in its reasonable discretion (note: the physician(s), hospital(s), and ambulance service(s) selected by the City may not be the Participant’s preference). Participant acknowledges that the City has no obligation to seek such treatment or transportation. Participant hereby consents to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Program. Participant understands that Participant is responsible for furnishing health insurance in case of injury or illness and accepts full financial responsibility for payment of any and all medical services. Participant hereby releases and forever discharges the City from any claim whatsoever that arises or may arise on account of any first aid, treatment or service rendered to Participant in connection with the City and related programing and activities.
8. Participant also acknowledges that the City and its contractors, partners and/or sponsors may use photographs, video or film for educational, informational or promotional purposes, and Participant hereby grants the City and its contractors, partners and sponsors permission to include images of Participant or Participant’s likeness for any purpose with no compensation or liability.
9. Participant agrees to defend, indemnify , and hold the City harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and causes of action of whatsoever kind or nature sustained by the City arising out of, or by reason of, or resulting from the activities and programming contemplated by this Agreement, and from and against any and all resulting losses, costs, expenses, attorney’s fees, liabilities, damages, orders, judgments, and decrees in connection with this Agreement and the activities contemplated herein, regardless of City’s negligence or the negligence of City’s agents, servants or employees.
10. Participant understands that this Release and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state of Florida and agrees that if any clause or provision of this Release and Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not affect the remaining provisions of this Release and Waiver.
NOTICE TO THE MINOR CHILD’S NATURAL OR LEGAL GUARDIAN
READ THIS FORM COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY. YOU ARE AGREEING TO LET YOUR MINOR CHILD ENGAGE IN A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. YOU ARE AGREEING THAT, EVEN THOUGH THE CITY USES REASONABLE CARE IN PROVIDING THIS ACTIVITY, THERE IS A CHANCE YOUR CHILD MAY BE SERIOUSLY INJURED OR KILLED BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY BECAUSE THERE ARE CERTAIN DANGERS INHERENT IN THE ACTIVITY WHICH CANNOT BE AVOIDED OR ELIMINATED. BY SIGNING THIS FORM YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR CHILD’S RIGHT AND YOUR RIGHT TO RECOVER FROM THE CITY IN A LAWSUIT FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, TO YOUR CHILD OR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE RISKS THAT ARE A NATURAL PART OF THE ACTIVITY. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO SIGN THIS FORM, AND THE CITY HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO LET YOUR CHILD PARTICIPATE IF YOU DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM.