CIMA Medical Center in Miami Springs shares some of their best tips on how to recognize and determine what mental health problems afflict children.
- Depression affects more children and young people today than in the last few decades. Teenagers are more likely to experience depression than young children.
- Self-harm is a very common problem among young people. Some people who experience intense emotional pain may try to deal with it by hurting themselves.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) can cause young people to become extremely worried. Very young children or children starting or moving school may have separation anxiety.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can follow physical or sexual abuse, witnessing something extremely frightening or traumatising, being the victim of violence or sevEating disorders usually start in the teenage years and are more common in girls than boys. Ere bullying or surviving a disaster.
- Children who are consistently overactive, impulsive and have difficulty paying attention may have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- The number of young people who develop an eating disorder is small. Still, eating disorders such as anorexia nervous and bulimia nervous can have serious consequences on their physical health and development.
Take care of you and your family’s health with a regular checkup, call CIMA Medical Center in Miami Springs at (𝟯𝟬𝟱) 𝟴𝟴𝟱-𝟬𝟱𝟭𝟱 to schedule an appointment or stop by 175 Westward Drive.
𝗖𝗜𝗠𝗔 𝗠𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗜𝗔𝗠𝗜 𝗦𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 💙🩺
📞 (305) 885-0515 / (305) 800-6963
📍 175 Westward Dr, Miami Springs, FL 33166